Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Mama's Old Fashioned Vegetable Soup

For years, my mother cooked the most delicious vegetable soup I have ever tasted. So, when I had a craving a few months ago, I called her and asked how to cook it. The first try was successful! This soup is delicious. My 15 month old son loved it && it was a hit with my mother-in-law and husband! I asked permission to share this particular recipe and my mother said yes. So, good luck, and let me know how yours turns out!

Mama's Old Fashioned Vegetable Soup


Ingredients:
  • 3 lbs of hamburger meat (You can use chicken or no meat if you choose)
  • 1 yellow onion
  • 1 can (6 oz.) Hunt's Tomato Paste
  • 3 cans diced tomatoes
  • 2 cans Golden Sweet Whole Kernel Corn 
  • 2 cans cut green beans
  • 2 cans sliced potatoes
  • 2 cans large lima beans
Directions:
  1.  (Skip to #2 if you are not including meat.) Place hamburger meat and onions in a medium pot or saucepan. Cook on medium heat until hamburger meat is done. Remove from heat; drain. Place hamburger meat and onions into a larger pot on low heat.
  2. Pour all 3 cans of diced tomatoes and entire can of tomato paste into the soup. Fill 2 leftover cans with water and add. Mix thoroughly. 
  3. Pour all vegetables into a strainer, then add to the soup.
  4. Let the soup cook on Low heat for at least 3-4 hours.
  5. Enjoy!
I hope this recipe is one you can add to your favorites list! :)

Thanks,
Kristina Gray


No comments:

Post a Comment